This recent project included the thorough refurbishment of the College Tower, built between 1829 and 1832, along with the overhaul of the Whitechapel Foundry Bells, dated 1842, in the Belfry above the Pugin Chapel.
The Tower Roof was replaced and then fitted with a custom made viewing cabin to access the impressive views of Wexford and the surrounding areas. A new stairs was required to access the roof from the upper floor of the tower. A new clock was manufactured and fitted to the front façade of the tower while St. Peter’s College Crests were manufactured and fitted to the other three sides. For safety, a glass balustrade was fitted to the turrets on the external viewing terrace.
The Whitechapel Foundry Bells were removed from the Belfry above the Pugin Chapel and replaced with all new cradles and electronically controlled clappers, enabling the bells to chime on the hour and twice daily for the Angelus.